Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the new look....

I am excited to show off my look of my blog. . . It took me a few hours to get it just right, but I think I am happy with the way it looks.

I bought my sister a dress for homecoming. It was on clearance for only $10!! I was super pumped! So, naturally I bought it. . . take a look!

This is the full length of the dress.


The back has a X design.... you can kind of see it here.


Close up to the beading. . .

I hope she likes it!! I think it is beautiful! Especially for $10! Yay for Debs!
If she doesn't get to use it for this dance perhaps she will be able to use if for something else.

Well, I said that I would try to find a bunch of different ideas for the wedding and I found the designer that I want to go through to get my dress....

Here is the storyboard for you to check out!!!
The websites I hunted through was from:
The Knot
Stephanie James Couture
The Buttons Galore
And of course...Google Images


I would love to get some feedback on what you're thoughts are. . .
I am thinking that July will be the best month to have the wedding. Not only because I'll be out of school then but I love summer and the 4th a whole bunch!!


7 comments:

  1. I think that dress is super cute! I think that's a great idea to have your wedding in July but if you want to do it you'll need to book a place now because summer months go QUICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I am having the hardest time finding a place to have the wedding... Anyone familiar with Northwest Indiana??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a cute dress! And you got it for 10 bucks? What a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding looks like it will be awesome! I love the red, white and blue, pin-up/art deco-ey feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's the Lafayette Theater in Lafayette. Originally opened in the 30s, completely renovated a few years back. I've never been there, but the pics looks super awesome.

    http://www.b-levi.com/preservation/lafayette_theater.php

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! love the blue/red under the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh thanks (army)Wife I will check it out!!! :D

    ReplyDelete