Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blogging...take 3

This is my third attempt in the keeping of the blog. I started in 2005 and had an issue with some people leaving rude comments on my blog. Then, I tried another website that has been deemed the teen angst capital. I do not fit into that category...anymore...so I am trying this one from my fav website, google.

I was looking up grants and scholarships today and ran across a scholarship that will give the grand-prize winner a $10,000 scholarship for maintaining a blog. Well, I am intrigued so I am going to give this a try and if I succeed in creating a lookworthy blog then I shall pursuit the scholarship. The only problem would be, that I will be finished with my schooling in one year. I think that the scholarship would have to be applied to my previous years if I do not have enough classes to pursue the ten grand award.
There are so many times in which I wish I could start over. I am flooded with the "coulda-woulda-shoulda's". I should have applied for more scholarships. I wish I knew the mystery behind grants and financial aid. I wish I had an advisor who knew exactly what to do with the aspects of my degree. If I could do it all over again, I would be teaching right now and not taking random classes to make myself a full-time student for the sake of being eligible for financial aid- which means adding more to the balance of my loan. I just checked the balance and it has reached over $20,000. Yes, that is right, I could have a super awesome car right now, but no...I am living off of Ramen noodles and peanut butter.

Yesterday, was my Golden Birthday which means I turned the age of the date of my birth. It was just an ordinary day for the most part. I was in a fantastic mood and had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I arrived home from work. My cousin decorated my house and we had cake and i opened my only gift. She got me a super cool flask that says, "My Secret Weapon" and a board game, Sex and the City Trivia Game. I was super pumped! I haven't open a gift since Christmas so it was fun. My grandparents sent money which is always good. My parents funded my new purchase of a Nixcon Coolpix L100. Its a fantastic camera- the best onea that I have ever had.
I would be lying if I did not say that I was not disappointed with my fiance. He did not get me anything for my birthday. I got the happy bday wish, but I was the one that took us out to dinner and lunch with my birthday money. I would have been happy if he made me a card or at least cleaned up the house a bit. I guess I need to stop spending more money on others and more on myself. I always go way out for birthdays and holidays. I like doing that for people, but its rather disappointing when everyone else falls short.

No comments:

Post a Comment